Sway-A-Way’s locking 2.50 front bolt-on snout is machined out heat-treated 4340 with a 12 on 4.00″ bolt pattern.This pattern was chosen to allow our hubs to be compatible with the standard Dana 44 bolt pattern and Camburg’s custom snout block. The front snout includes all the necessary locking hardware. Sway-A-Way front and rear snouts completely eliminate the need for a crush sleeve and allow measurable pre-load to be applied in 0.001″ increments, on the vehicle. No machining required.
How it works:
- Install hub body with main seal and roller bearings in place.
- Attach and tighten the lock nut until all end play is gone and place your lock ring on the nut.
- Your lock ring will match with a pair of holes in the lock nut. You are currently at 0.000″ preload.
- Using our pre-load tool, tighten the nut until the next set of holes are aligned, you have increased your preload by 0.001″.
- Repeat until you have the desired pre-load, remove the pre-load tool and secure the two lock bolts.