Sway-A-Way’s locking 2.50 rear weld-in snout kit is machined out 4130 with a large chamfer on the shoulder, ready to weld into your rear-end housing. The rear snout kit includes both a right and a left hand threaded snout and all the necessary locking hardware. It is designed to use with a 3.50″ OD x .250″ 3″ inside diameter housing tube. Sway-A-Way front and rear snouts completely eliminate the need for a crush sleeve and allow measurable pre-load to be applied in 0.001″ increments, on the vehicle. No machining required.
How it works:
- Install hub body with main seal and roller bearings in place.
- Attach and tighten the lock nut until all end play is gone and place your lock ring on the nut.
- Your lock ring will match with a pair of holes in the lock nut. You are currently at 0.000″ preload.
- Using our pre-load tool, tighten the nut until the next set of holes are aligned, you have increased your preload by 0.001″.
- Repeat until you have the desired pre-load, remove the pre-load tool and secure the two lock bolts.