Sway-A-Way’s locking 2.50 rear weld-in snout kit is machined out 4130 with a large chamfer on the shoulder, ready to weld into your rear-end housing. The rear snout kit includes both a right and a left hand threaded snouts and all the necessary locking hardware. It is designed to use with a 3.50″ OD x .250″ wall (3″ inside diameter) housing tube. Sway-A-Way front and rear snouts completely eliminate the need for a crush sleeve and allow measurable pre-load to be applied in 0.001″ increments, on the vehicle. No machining required. The rear snout kit includes both left and right hand snouts and all the necessary locking hardware.
How it works:
- Install hub body with main seal and roller bearings in place.
- Attach and tighten the lock nut until all end play is gone and place your lock ring on the nut.
- Your lock ring will match with a pair of holes in the lock nut. You are currently at 0.000″ preload.
- Using our pre-load tool, tighten the nut until the next set of holes are aligned, you have increased your preload by 0.001″.
- Repeat until you have the desired pre-load, remove the pre-load tool and secure the two lock bolts.